An Alternative Care Solution you may not have thought of …
Caring for and looking after elderly parents can be extremely stressful, particularly if you are not local, or if your parents have special requirements. With an ageing population, the requirement to assist your ageing family is becoming more and more critical. Financial support is harder to obtain and it is not always possible to source in-home care as a solution.
In 2015 it was estimated there were 14,570 people over the age of 100 years old, however back in 1985 that number was just 3,420 and this increase is set to continue, not least because early disease detection and healthcare in general is becoming more advanced. This state of affairs also means that we require more efficient ways of assisting ageing parents when they are at their most vulnerable. At present there are several ways to manage the needs of ageing parents. These can include, but are not limited to;
- Nursing home residency
- In-home care
- Assisted living accommodation
- Building an annexe to your property
- Becoming your parent’s carer
With the demands of having your own children and work commitments, and possible financial or space constraints, it can seem like none of the above options might be suitable.
Managing your time around an elderly relative’s time and their needs can prove to be a near impossible task. Thankfully, there are lots of options you can consider, but what do you do when you have constraints such as time, finance and specialist needs?
Amba is a powerful, in-home digital communication and organisation system. Designed for older users who don’t use computers, tablets or smartphones, to help them remain living comfortably in their own home, whilst maintaining regular contact with family members who can provide assistance when the need arises.
Amba allows you to manage and prioritise the most important things in your ageing parent’s lives. Such things include doctor’s appointments, medication schedules (have they taken their pills), social events, upcoming birthdays and reminders for just about anything.
The addition of Amba won’t replace existing care, but it can enhance every aspect of an ageing parent’s life throughout the day. Amba is there as a complimentary tool to any existing service you might be using, and can help the user to organise and orientate their day.
Key features include:
- Amba is ‘Always On’
- Simple and intuitive design
- Day, date, time and local weather always displayed
- Interactive calendar with aural alerts for the User
- User activity alerts for selected Members and Carers
- Video to video call capability
- Messaging capability
- Photo albums are remotely updated immediately (from smartphones etc)
- Robust and reliable
From just some of the features mentioned above you can begin to see how Amba could be an asset for those looking to assist and stay in touch with elderly loved ones.
To find a more please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
- Safe Video Calling
- COVID-19. Amba is a great solution for the isolated
- Zoom Video calling “Unsafe”
- Number of People living with Dementia living alone predicted to double – Guardian reports
- Can electricity help dementia sufferers?
- Extended coverage in the Evesham Journal newspaper about Amba
- Dementia – A useful guide and how Amba has been designed to help those with dementia
- Age-related Memory Loss
- Loneliness in old age is a big social problem.
- An Alternative Care Solution you may not have thought of …
To learn more about how the Amba system can help you and your family please fill in the form below and we will arrange a personal in home demonstration with confirmation by email and text message.