“My mother is 86 and can’t live without her Amba daily calendar. She loves photos of her grandchildren and Jo, her carer, thinks Amba makes her work a little easier” – Mr D, Gloucestershire (Age 65)
Carers understand the value of supporting clients in their own homes as long as possible. Aside for home visits, communication is often limited to telephone calls.
Amba, comprising of a touch-screen for the User and the Amba app installed on Carer’s device, enables Carers to communicate in a more effective way, in addition to the personal visits.
- The Amba app, installed on the Carers’ tablet or smartphone, allows rapid Communication, Organisation and Monitoring of their client
- Having one shared calendar interface allows Carers to work more closely with Users and their families
- Repeated daily events (e.g taking medication) can be easily programmed onto the calendar at the touch of a button to save time
- Video calling allows a visual ‘health check’ between home visits
- The programmable HELP button instantly alerts Carers and selected Members, should the User need assistance in an emergency. Remote viewing can also be activated when HELP is triggered
- Carers will be automatically alerted, within seconds, when the User makes any new appointments or a calendar event is missed, helping Carers keep track of each User’s activity
- Through video calling, text message and photo sharing Amba brings an additional dimension to enhance the Care role